Kate expresses her views on events in Tibet

Kate has tonight published the following on her official site:

Everyone will know that events in Tibet have taken a terrible turn. I want to express my sadness at such a gentle and spiritual culture suffering so greatly. I am so shocked by the desperate measures being taken by people whose only way to call out for help is by taking these horrific actions. I would feel ashamed if I didn’t express my feelings. I just hope the world is listening.

Kate

To follow on from Kate’s words, we are providing this link for you at the Amnesty International website here and also this link from the UK Independent newspaper here and Mikel Dunham’s blog here.

Homeground: The Kate Bush Magazine: Two Volume Anthology Available NOW on Amazon! CLICK HERE TO ORDER

This entry was posted in Official announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Kate expresses her views on events in Tibet

1. Another Swede says:

Oh my God, she has gone political

• Peter says:

Did once put her name to a CND advert (back in the 80s) and did take part in an Amnesty International TV spots about political prisoners. Politics in a very human and emotional sense.

2. Another Swede says:

And i mean its a very good thing!!!!!!

3. Mark Wallis says:

It’s chilling and horrific, and I’m right behind her on this one.

4. God yes.

Go Kate go!

Everyone is buying the Chinese bung and forgetting Tianamen, Tibet and the fact that the Chinese back the worst regimes in the world (Sudan, Syria, N.Korea to name but three).

Kate is a deeply humanist person and is, I am sure, aware of these words:

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. —Dietrich Bonhoeffer

We will have to repent . . . not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people. —Martin Luther King, Jr.

5. H.R. Hudson says:

I support what Kate is saying about the situation in Tibet 1000%!!

6. Harry Horton says:

As the Brit music awards continue to draw close here in mid February 2012, another interesting set of events continue to unfold on the global stage centering on the ongoing tensions between China and Tibet. The following articles are from the internet from mid February:

Opinion:” AP interview: Tibetan exile warns of crackdown.”
    “Another Tibetan monk sets himself on fire in China”
    “Indian Police arrest Tibetan Protesters Outside Chineese Embassy” Voice of America February 16, 2012
    “Rare Visit to remote region highlight’s China’s clampdown on TIbet.” Christian Science Monitor.

Kate Bush has expressed interest in the Tibet situation, along with the fact that the subject matter of 50 words for Snow have some substantial Tibetan themes inherent within it. For example the Yeti song. China has established rule in Tibet since 1959.