Don’t forget! Wild Man premiere today, 11am UK time, BBC Radio 2!

Wild Man premiere

Listen live at the BBC Radio 2 site here

Homeground: The Kate Bush Magazine: Two Volume Anthology Available NOW on Amazon! CLICK HERE TO ORDER

This entry was posted in Wild Man (single). Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Don’t forget! Wild Man premiere today, 11am UK time, BBC Radio 2!

1. Andrew McMichael says:

It’s ten past eleven.. Get on with it!!

2. MrGneiss says:

I loved it!! :-D

3. MirrorGirl says:

Stayed up to hear it. Very unusual! Completely different from anything she’s done before. I can’t wait to hear it again and really listen. So looking forward to the album. Thank you for making it possible to hear the first ever public playing of Wild Man!

4. Thierry Pommier says:

Just fantastic ! So beautiful…

5. Gio Willis says:

heard it…. it is a very good single.

6. Michael says:

A proper, atmospheric song from Kate Bush. Yay!

7. another swede says:

She has power in her voice, she should use it, i am not to sure about this…..I mean about a wildman and everything but maybe the album will prove me wrong.

8. Radioorange says:

Like what I’ve heard. Needs a proper listen

9. BillHartford says:

Simply beautiful:-)) one of her best single and one of her most unusual tune…still didn’t know what it’s about…love ya kate

10. fredo says:

here’s the full listen at naivite: http://disconaivete.com/post/11268806108

11. Brian says:

Love it. Atmospheric, sad and sexy all at the same time!

12. Alan, Dublin Ireland says:

Beautiful song, love it, love the vocals, has a very early KB feel to it, I have a feeling this album is going to be amazing!

13. kurt birsch says:

It’s a fantastic song. Andy is brilliant. Production is brilliant.
    Was expecting something like Lyra perhaps, so Wild Man is a wonderful surprise.
    And Kate is amazing as ever.
    Love it!
    cheers Kurt

14. dreamtimetk says:

That’s fantastic to say the least!! Love it!! :)

15. RobB says:

Love the instrumentation on this one. Full of very exotic rhythms. What a shame it won’t be available as a proper single. Here it is officially on YT:

16. Neil says:

About 10 listens later I am totally in love with this track. Thank you once again Kate – it’s always lovely to hear your voice.

17. Erin says:

I am so happy! The song is absolutely stunning!!

18. kaiffari says:

love it. already on itunes in Finland :::) over 7 minutes of pure joy :::)))

19. kennym says:

Loved it within the first 2 seconds. Beautiful, organic and exotic. Great vocals and on listening to it a few times more I keep hearing snippets of tracks from all through Kate’s career. This is classic Kate Bush and I’m not sure how I’m going to manage through until the whole album is released. Brilliant! Utterly brilliant. Hmmmmm yes!

20. kaiffari says:

…and also just read from YLE todays news in Finland: According to Russian authority the Snowman is real…they have found FOOTPRINTS in a cave from Russia…. Makes me even more happy :::)))

21. Harry Horton says:

The Wildman song has a blues like character to it, and Kate Bush’s vocal style is also similar to Leonard Cohen. Interestingly the Eckankar work on the internet: The Far Country Full text, about the teachings of a spiritual journey with an Eck Master Rebezar Tarz takes place in the Himalayas too and is a good book to read along with listening to Wildman. The Himalayas most likely are a way station for the soul to travel into the higher planes of God, so this spiritual backdrop of this mountainous region serves as a background for Kate Bush’s Wildman.
    In anycase, other internet sites that have the WIldman single and an accompanying article as of Octobe 10, 2011 1:00 p.m. EDT here in the US:
    “Listen ot the New kate Bush single” Pitchfork
    “Kate Bush premiers new single ‘wildman’ — listen” Digital Spy.

22. Rob Hogendoorn says:

Exquisite. I feel privileged.

There’s no-one else like Kate Bush.
    This new gem in music proves, once again, how talented
    this Artist is.
    Once again I say THANKYOU Kate

24. Pim Derks says:

Can anyone make out the chorus lyrics?

25. Rob Hogendoorn says:

You sound lonely

While crossing the Lhakpa La

Something jumped down from the rocks

In the remote Garo Hills by Dipu Marak

We found footprints in the snow

The schoolmaster of Darjeeling said

We saw you by the Tengboche monastery

You were playing in the snow

You were banging on the doors

You climbed up on the roof

Roof of the world

You were pulling up the rhododendrons

Loping down the mountains

They want to know you

They will hunt you down

Then they will kill you

Run away, run away

Run away

While crossing the Lhakpa La

Something jumped down from the rocks

In the remote Garo Hills by Dipu Marak

We found footprints in the snow

We found your footprints in the snow

We brushed them all away

From the Sherpas of Annapurna

To the Rinpoche of Qinghai

Shepherds from Mount Kailash to Himachal Pradesh

Found footprints in the snow

You’re not a langur monkey,

Nor a big brown bear

You’re the wild man

They say they saw you drown

In the Rongbuk glacier

They want to hunt you down

You’re not an animal

The lamas say

You’re not an animal

26. Pharoah says:

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know what I as expecting but this was not it… once again Kate’s come up trumps with something that will grow and grow… i’ve got to be up for work in under 3 hours but I had to download it at midnight!

27. Derk says:

My first thinking was: hope that her singing is not ‘gone that way’on the whole new album.

• Rob Hogendoorn says:

A sing-song way of speaking as the lead vocal, you mean? For the sake of effect? Like Bob Dylan’s dreaded “upsinging”, perhaps?

I can’t imagine Kate Bush being satisfied with just that. And to me the bridges and choruses show no detectable problems with her voice.

Neil Young sometimes uses the ‘sing-song speaking’ technique too, albeit sparingly.

Sophie Zelmani comes to mind as well. I got the impression, though, that her singing voice lacks volume ‘naturally’, as a part of her temperament.

• Derk says:

Well, I think it can be a choice to sing that way and yes, probably it is Kate’s interpretation of some kind of a ‘Neanderthaler’, but for me it’s not very beautiful.
        And also this first impression reminds me of the singing on DC, especially Flower of the mountain. There are some ‘loopings’ in it wich I found very disapointing. I thought: Maybe she had to take some classical singing lessons.
        Are you Dutch?

• Rob Hogendoorn says:

Ja, I’m Dutch, from Maasland, near Rotterdam. The Swedes just beat us, 3-2 :-(

Kate did mention earlier that the singing in a lower register opened up whole new dimensions for her. I’d expect some further vocal explorations on “50 Words…”

• Mike says:

Yeah this was also my initial thought: I hope Kate will stun me with her voice. “Wild Man” is a good song but I’m not that deeply impressed yet.

28. Barbara says:

I’m a wee bit miffed that it’s not available as a CD single, but I’ll hold on for the album.

29. cwg says:

wow, this one was certainly a grower… i’m completely taken and falling deeper with every listen… it’s PERFECT this time of year as the air “crispens” and the leaves fall… i sense him just around that bend… ohhh kate, how you transport me…