Big Boi raves about Kate’s new album

Rolling Stone reports that rapper Big Boi seriously likes Kate’s new album: “The album, to me, is just very somber and very chill,” he says. “Knowing her music and being a fan, it’s very, very deep Kate Bush for me. It’s concentrated. It’s raw emotion. It’s almost like a scene from her diary – she seems to be in love like a motherfucker. Really, really, really in love.” RS reports that Big Boi’s favorite song on the album is Snowed in at Wheeler Street: “It’s like a story between her and the guy, how they were in love from the beginning of time, how they never want to let each other go,” he says.”It just really builds. I think it’s really deep. I dig it…

Big_Boi

Homeground: The Kate Bush Magazine: Two Volume Anthology Available NOW on Amazon! CLICK HERE TO ORDER

This entry was posted in Other artists. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Big Boi raves about Kate’s new album

1. Neil says:

Fair play Big Boi.In love like a mother fucker…now theres a ttle for the next album! Love it when the most unexpected people turn out to be fans.

2. Jeff says:

I notice the Rolling Stone article generously offers a Click to Listen to Kate’s new album link at the top of the column page – Hey Ya, nice touch !
    Looks like Kate will be gaining new fans with these heart-felt endorsements.

I wonder if he’s still hoping for a collaboration?

Yes he is. Just read the full article.

5. Elizabeth says:

Years back, in an interview, I heard Tupac list Kate as one of the top two influences in his music. After that, it doesn’t surprise me now who might be a Kate fan! It’s really nice to know though that others “get it”.

6. Neil says:

Is the collaboration to be called……Motherfucker stands for comfort!

7. Elizabeth says:

Good one Neil!

8. Neil says:

Cheers Liz.Glad someone got it.

9. Nanette says:

Fans organize themselves into tribes; musicians rarely do. I’ve never heard a good musician write off a whole genre, the way fans do. A fan will say, “I hate country music. Why do you want to listen to that sh-t?” An r and b singer, however, might listen to Johnny Cash because the r and b singer recognizes that they share something–emotion, simplicity, or whatever. People miss some of the subtleties of “Speakerbox” because they think of it as a dance record, but “Hey-yeah” is actually really sad. “Why-o, why-o, why-o, are we so in denial when we know we’re not happy here?” Kate’s lyrics with her penchant for sampling and experimentation, and I totally get why Big Boi would be a fan.