Wild Man animation tonight!

Kate has announced on her official website the premier tonight of the animation for Wild Man. Watch it below:

YouTube Preview Image

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to announce the premier of our first animated film tonight. It only runs for about 2 1/2 minutes but huge amounts of care and work have gone into this. I think it looks so atmospheric and has a beautifully crafted and unique look. It has been created by Finn and Patrick at Brandt Animation. It has been really exciting working on this. I hope you like it.

I want to say a very special thanks to Mike Solinger, the producer on this project. Without him this could never have happened. I would also like to thank the Yeti who was the inspiration for the song and this short film. I hope it remains an enigma.

With very best wishes,
Kate

You can watch the animation on Kate’s official site at 19:30 GMT here.

This entry was posted in 50 Words for Snow, Kate Bush news, Official announcements, Videos, Wild Man (single). Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Wild Man animation tonight!

1. Vindrag says:

Excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

2. Animated story about the Yeti?

I do hope it’s as good as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy0ltUkktts

3. Another Swede says:

Kate-we want to see you!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so glad Kate appeared in the video!

5. Lee says:

Kept trying to log into site for over 20mins to see this, kept getting a site error, when I finally got in the animation was not there :-(

6. Kate – seen briefly and indistinctly in a video about the briefly and indistinctly seen Yeti?

She is playing with her own self-created media image again.

In the 80s she parodied her own eccentric Englishness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvWUSjs9zeQ

In the 90s she parodied her own ‘kooky’ media image: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haOrkNyRPNs

In the 00s she parodied her own accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbAedF-ujLI

Kate Bush is meta-narrative of … herself! (this is so post-modern, I think I might to lie down now)

7. Rod says:

I think it’s a lovely piece of work. Plus there is a little glimpse of KB; and that’s always good.

8. Jeff says:

Kate is on to something new, here …
    she is just giving us a taste of the song , not the whole thing
    the silouettes, shadows and light and use of suggestion are brilliant
    well done !

9. ReikiGlam says:

I’m probably in the minority here, but I don’t like videos that have the artist in it, lip-syncing…it’s so overdone and lame at this point. I prefer mini-movies/cinematic videos and this is just that. Sure, we get a ghostly image of Kate – and for me, that’s PLENTY.