RIP David Bowie 1947 – 2016

We know that so many of you are saddened and shocked, like us, today. We’ll have more thoughts on the irreplaceable David Bowie, a profound inspiration to Kate, in a later update. As we said on our Facebook posting, we send our sincerest condolences to his wife, children, family and friends.

David Bowie

This entry was posted in Other artists. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to RIP David Bowie 1947 – 2016

I was just watching his 2002 “live on request” show on YouTube last night. Had no idea this would happen. Was the first news I got when I woke up. Didn’t feel like getting up. I know Kate must be heartbroken. I wish I could hug her. I know there’s a video of David at the art gallery, in front of Kate’s art. It would be nice to see that again. Must find it. Rest in peace Mr. David Bowie. Condolences to His family, friends, and Kate. (please take your protein pills.)

2. Elizabeth says:

It’s absolutely terrible. This one really hurts. I’m sure Kate is feeling the same. RIP Major Tom and may God’s love be with you.

3. Bradford Bennett says:

I feel heartbroken and gutted. Such a unique artist; he’ll be sorely missed.

4. Sharka says:

I am still shocked and very, very sad. David Bowie will be sorely missed, indeed. RIP, David Bowie – and thank you for all the wonder, beauty and profound art you have brought to this world.

5. Kashka not from Baghdad says:

As Tony Blair might have said “He was always the people’s Rebel Rebel”

6. Elizabeth says:

It’s a god-awful small affair, to the girl with the mousy hair…

David Bowie: classic rockers claim him as their own, goths claim him as their own, punk rockers claim him as their own… he crossed genres, just like another musician we all know and love.

We’ll never see the likes of him again. What a profound loss to us all.

7. neil says:

Kate dignified and respectful in not rushing to tweet to the world ..grief its a pvt thing

8. Rod says:

Kate’s tribute to Bowie is lovely; he was indeed a beautiful soul.