Here at katebushnews.com the excitement is palpable. Ever since we first noticed some mysterious changes to Kate’s official site on the afternoon of the 11th of March it’s been non-stop. We’ve had the album announcement, the first clip of Deeper Understanding and brilliant new images of Kate, the single premiere on April 4th, some first looks at the fascinating album packages, a brace of early enthusiastic album reviews (including my own) the momentous video premiere which had everybody talking (not least a spooky floating pair of lips!) and quite a few more interviews than maybe might have been expected, including the must-have MOJO cover feature which is in the shops now. Thanks for all the support and feedback, we’ve never experienced this volume of visitors before, which makes it all the more exciting. And here was me thinking Noel Fielding prancing about in a a red dress for Comic Relief was going to be the news highlight of the year! (It was pretty phenomenal though, Noel). So, here’s our attempt to quickly summarise what’s going to happen next, to the best of our current knowledge. Coming up:
- Tomorrow evening, Wednesday May 4th, at 7.15pm UK time, John Wilson interviews Kate at her home for the BBC Radio 4 Front Row programme.
- Then, this coming Friday 6th May, Sinead Gleeson’s interview with Kate in The Irish Times is published.
- Monday 9th May sees Kate chatting to Ken Bruce on his BBC Radio 2 show from 9.30am.
- Friday 13th May sees Director’s Cut released in Ireland and some other European territories (this follows a similar Friday release pattern in those places for Aerial in 2005)
- Monday 16th May is the official UK release date of Director’s Cut on Kate’s new Fish People label in conjunction with EMI. Kate has stated that she considers this to be her ninth studio album. The album is released on CD, 3-disc Collector’s edition, double vinyl and download on iTunes with what is promising to be a beautifully presented package. We. Cannot. Wait.
- This same date, Monday 16th May, also sees the re-release on Kate’s Fish People label of The Dreaming, Hounds of Love, The Sensual World and The Red Shoes on CD after a considerable absence from many shop shelves. (We’ve also seen an Aerial re-release listed but we need to confirm that one). We definitely know that The Red Shoes will be a new re-mastered version (as included with the 3-disc edition of Director’s Cut.)
- Tuesday 17th May sees the first portion of Mark Radcliffe’s chat with Kate air on BBC Radio 2 at 11pm.
- Monday 23rd May – Friday 27th May is “Kate Bush Week” on the BBC 6Music radio station. A radio documentary on Kate will air on the night of Monday May 23rd. Each day of this week from 2.30pm to 3pm 6Music will play a section of Mark Radcliffe’s interview with Kate along with songs from Director’s Cut.