The British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA, have revealed the nominations for the inaugural P&O Cruises Memorable Moment Award, which honours “the impact of television in the UK and its power to entertain, inform and bring the nation together – looking back at key moments from 2022 that inspired and moved audiences at home”. It includes a nomination for that momentous scene from Stranger Things that featured Kate’s Running Up That Hill which went on to make the song the most massive worldwide hit of Kate’s career.
The six nominees are:
- Derry Girls, Channel 4 – The Finale, the people of Northern Ireland vote overwhelmingly for peace
- Heartstopper, Netflix – Nick and Charlie’s First Kiss
- Platinum Jubilee: Party at the Palace, BBC One – Paddington Meets The Queen
- Stranger Things, Netflix – Lucas, Dustin, and Steve rescue Max from the demonic Vecna by playing her favourite song – Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill
- The Real Mo Farah, BBC One – Sir Mo Farah revealing he was illegally trafficked to the UK
- The Traitors, BBC One – The Final Roundtable
Members of the public can vote for their P&O Cruises Memorable Moment online via bafta.org/moment. Voting will close at midday on May 2, 2023 and the winner will be announced at the BAFTA Television Awards with P&O Cruises on May 14, 2023 on BBC One and iPlayer from 7pm.